Friday, June 20, 2008

Cowbell Countdown

Only 15 hours until the bell tolls, Cowbell that is!

Now that I have all of my gadgets and thingys all neatly packed up and organized according to expected time of use I happen to notice the weather report...NICE? Uhhh...Not so much!

Our friends, the meteorologists, are now saying rain will be upon us way before the race start. I know, I know...why trusts these guys anyway. I mean they get it wrong way more times then they get it right and they still get to keep their jobs. Must be their use of those fancy maps and graphics that secures their employment! But back to how this impacts the race!

Now I need to figure out which tread to throw down on the trail in order to keep my ass on the saddle and my head out of the mud. I don't have too many choices in my quiver anyway so I had to do some research and see what I can find on such short notice.

After some searching I've come up with the perfect tire and accessory that will guarantee plenty of traction on just about any trail condition. So check it out!















I know this will add substantial weight but what good is a light bike if you always end up on the ground.

Think I should get the mud flap package with these? They have those pretty chrome girlies on them!

No comments: