Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Return of the dirtdawg

Okay already, so I've been away from the blog for a little while. I know that life getting in the way is just a lame ass excuse, so I'm going with "my dog ate my blog post...no really he did, all of them"!

So now that we got that out of the way shall we move on?

Cowbell is right around the corner. Only three days left to get all of my shit together, clean my bikes, rethink my strategy, plane my nutrition and relax! With a little luck and attention to detail I think I have a fighting chance at accomplishing all except the last one. I'm never able to relax before a race. I'm constantly rethinking my plan, second guessing my training and hoping my bike will fare the race with as little damage as possible. This usually ends up being a lot of worry for nothing but it seem to be a integral part of the racing process.

I had considered taking the "Snot Rocket" in case I wanted to do a lap or two on her but after my night riding incident last Thursday I'm not sure anymore. I mean the bitch totally rebelled and threw me to the ground and damaging herself in the process. It was just a badly bent front wheel. So to teach her a lesson I rode like that for another hour and a half. (You see, what we have here is a failure to communicate....) I think she is thinking more clearly these days but I just can't fully trust here yet. We'll see!

So my plan is to ride "Super G" for this little shindig. I've tweaked the position a little the past few weeks and I'm feeling much more comfortable on this baby. But we'll see how things go after "12hrs in the saddle". Now that's a good name for a MTB race...hummmm. (Welcome to 12 hours in the Saddle) Has a nice ring to it huh? I'll have to talk to my people, tune in folks!

No comments: