Monday, August 4, 2008

Now what?

After my debacle at Wilderness I decided to take a week off for some physical and mental recovery. Having put in the training I had with a less than stellar result left me feeling pretty flat. So I figured the best thing would be to chill, not think about training, and enjoy some cold ones.

The plan seemed simple....but SURPRISE!

All I was doing was walking through one of the areas super large stores and then I sneezed! Yep folks you heard me, I just sneezed! Then I felt a twinge in my back and a had to stop for a second to see if it would settle down. It did for a minute but never went away!

By the time I got home it was feeling a little tight. After sitting in my desk chair for a few hours it was throbbing. This was really looking bad..."do some of that pilot shit Mav and get us out of here"!!

So off to the Chiropractor to get me straight. After three days in a row of adjustments I was starting to feel pretty good. Just a little sore is all. So I was figuring the rest of my season and looking forward to some riding this week.

But again...sounded so simple!

Sunday I wake up and I'm back to square one. Don't know what happend...slept wrong or wha ever...but now I'm back to feeling like I got drop kicked in the spin. So back to the Chiro for some more adjustments and hopeing for the best!

Now it's looking like my season might just be cut so short that it's over already! If I don't get back in the saddle, literally, I will have a long way to catch up to even do better than last year at the PIT.

Fingers crossed that it's just an alignment thing and not something worse!

No comments: