Friday, May 30, 2008

Adventures of the Snot Rocket

Wednesday was the maiden voyage of the "Snot Rocket", (for those of you who have not been following by blog, that means you, the "Snot Rocket" is my Single Speed 29r MTB. Built from new cheap parts, hand-me-downs,  duct tape and puppy tears). 














There are still a few bugs to fix for the position and some adjustment to the front break, but other than those items she has performed well her first time out of the stable. She lived up to the "Snot Rocket" name producing large quantities of the sticky stuff throughout my ride... although the rain and temperature drop probably help a bit!

I did 3 hrs mostly on the double tack and then through Crabtree. The rain started so I B-lined to the gate so they didn't lock me in...geeeeze a little water on the trail and everyone starts to panic...these are mountain bikes folks, they like to get dirty! So lube up the chain and jump in the mud, come on!!

But I digress, sorry about that! 

Overall the ride went well...let's put a check in the success column. I do think playing around with the gearing for the Raleigh are is in order. But I'll give it some time on the trails before making the change. Seems like I can go with an 18t in the rear and still get by around here. But if we head to the high ground for some rides I'll have to slap the 20t back on there...I'm new at this SS stuff ya know!!


No comments: