Monday, July 14, 2008

2nd Degree Burns

Finally finished with the second phase of hell training and boy are my legs tired. Yeah I know, sounds like some sort of stand up routine but no joke here. I was blasted with about 250 miles of riding in just 3 days. And that's not all, I was also thrown some swimming and running just to keep from getting bored of course!

What put everything over the top was the 12 miles run yesterday. I was feeling pretty good, surprisingly, until the last 20 mins when I was ready to be laying down drinking a cold one! Although if I were laying down I would be more likely to be pouring it onto my face instead of actually drinking it. But that would have felt just fine too.

But most of the hard stuff is behind me for know. A few hard sessions next week and then we taper into the Wilderness 101 race. I'm ready to get this one under my belt and start focusing on the end of the season!

No comments: