Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Phase three...MORE HELL!

After having a few days of rest and recovery focused workouts I'm feeling much better. The last two weeks of training was really pushing me to my limit. Although this training is fucking hard, it's exactly what I need to move my performance to the next level.

I have found that, (although these training sessions are extremely hard), I'm enjoying them.

This year more than prior years I have been pushing through the periods of threshold pain in order to see how far I can actually go. In the past I've felt that lactate building up and started to back off before going over the edge. I was sort of using the "live to fight another day" argument in order to prevent injury or something. But these days I have pushed my boundary out farther and I'm feeling stronger for the effort.

Now we'll see how the feeling of power actually translates on race day! Wilderness 101 is just 10 days away so we will see soon enough if things are paying off compared to my effort at Cohutta.

No comments: