Thursday, May 8, 2008

Time to Chill

Today we head out to Lake Lure for a few days of well deserved R&R. Although we'll be doing plenty of activities, hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, etc., I'll still be ready to mount my steed and hit the trails when I get back.

I'm thinking I might join my friend Tony at the Cowbell Challenge this year. We talked about this race last year but I was sort of focusing on some other races and was unable to check this one out. So this year I'll just squeak it in before Blood Sweat and Gears. Should be a great time! Only a 12 hr event...so should be easy right? yeah sure...none of these things are defined as easy in my book! That's like choosing an easy Ironman. They're all hard in their own right so I just try them out, see what happens and hopefully learn a little more about how to do well in these things.

My biggest hurdle to date has been figuring out my nutrition on endurance MTB events. It's so much easier to fuel on a road bike than on a mountain bike, in the woods, on some single track, hopping over some rocks or trees or something. So still gathering all the data to inch closer to a more effective nutrition plan.

That's the deal for now!

No comments: