Monday, August 10, 2009

Just when everything was going so well!

It always seems to be something that wants to throw out it's leg and trip me up.

Everything with my training is going as planned and I was/am feeling great and ready to ride some awesome single track at 18hrs on the farm this coming weekend!

BUT...and this is a big but...I went to charge up my light system Friday afternoon and my battery will not hold a charge!!

This really sucks.

...And of course by the time I realize this is a problem the customer service department at NiteRider is closed until Monday...AND, they are on Pacific time! Start the mild panic about now folks. This is a pretty important piece of equipment for this race since your riding at least half of the time in the dark.

I over-nighted the system to them today and now all that I can do is wait and see what unfolds! They are really great about their customer service and even looked up the race to see if they would be anywhere in the area...unfortunetley they are not, but I'm guessing they would have figured out how to get them to me at the race site...AWESOME HUH?

If for some reason they can't get the lights back to me I'll be bringing my duct tape and a flashlight to attached to my helmet.

Look out everybody..crazy rider comin through!!

No comments: