Friday, August 7, 2009

Stop and smell the trail dust!

I caught myself doing what I was trying not to....!!

I told myself when I started training again this year that I would not loose sight of what is most important with racing...HAVE FUN!!

  • I started thinking about all the training up to this point.
  • What nutrition plan I'm going to use.
  • How many laps do I need to finish in the top 5, the top 10.
  • What should my strategy be; go out fast and knock out laps early...hold a steady pace and crawl along like the turtle of my childhood stories.
  • Hmmm?

Hold on a minute Georgie...I thought you wanted to just enjoy the season and race for the fun of it?

Oh yeah, that's right...."Just Shut Up and Have Fun"

That's the Mantra for this season...and don't you forget it!!

No comments: